Monday, June 6, 2011

Shopping With Or Without Baby...

Today I went shopping with my family at the Méga-centre Sainte-Dorothée and I brought along my cute, jolly little son Kion. He was in such a good mood all day, up until it was my turn to try on some clothes, of course. We all (moms) know that trying to dress your postpartum body is no fun task, but with the right clothes you can boost your confidence and walk around with some sense of pride. That was my mission today, to find a few pieces that would camouflage my not-so-nice after baby parts, hellooo tummy, and highlight my better areas, hi boobies. :) I want to start feeling really good when I go outside, and since I am not where I want to be body wise, I want to at least fake it til I make it so to speak.

 


Unfortunately for me, my son missed one nap and was in complete meltdown mode. He didn't want to be with anyone else but mommy. Ugh. But on the positive side, I did manage to snag a few items in between screaming/crying fits. I got some great khaki cargo pants, two cute dresses, a white cardigan and black vest. Next time I think I will leave my son with my mom so I can shop in peace and really focus on the task at hand. Do you shop for clothes with your child/children? Or do you take on this mission solo? Let us know, we'd love to hear your thoughts.

Cute dress & cardi I got from Jacob for less then $20

1 comments:

oomph. said...

ideally, i'd love to shop by myself, and till sneak out at lunch or shop online...but will tote the kids when i have to. this usually means lots of grab-and-buys (try on at home return later). my son surprises me sometimes by cooperating, but i know i only have a small window to shop before the meltdown!

rockoomph.blogspot.com