Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Little Me Time

This morning, I took a little ‘me’ time and headed over to Q-Spa with a gift certificate I received for Mother’s Day, for a much needed mani/pedi. It was a nice relaxing break; allll for me.  I think it’s important for us to remember that while we’re taking care of our families all the time, we still need to take care of ourselves as well. We deserve a little rejuvenating break once in a while to free up our minds and have a short, but sweet retreat from our generally busy lives. We need a little pampering too.


That’s why I was so excited to finally be getting my nails done today. Especially since its summer sandal season, which requires a fabulous pedicure.  I love bold, bright colors for summer, which is why I had already decided to go with a neon orange for my color of choice. A little bold for some, but I think it’s fun and funky. I chose to do a matching mani/pedi, but if you’re afraid to go too bold, try keeping your manicure a little more neutral and experiment with your toes.

I also decided to go a little vintage with a very trendy half-moon manicure that is almost like a reverse French manicure. The trend actually originated in the 1920s and is making a big comeback.


My break from reality was wonderful, but I was more than happy to return to my son when I was done, and even he was loving up my freshly painted nails. I can always count on my baby for a compliment! :)


So, what do you do like to do when you have a moment to yourself, just to relax? Go to the spa, make crafts, shop? Leave a comment and let us know how you let loose and unwind.

2 comments:

Montreal Mom Blog said...

Love those nails!!! Was it really nice? I've been looking for a new salon...!

Montreal Fashion Moms said...

Thanks! :)

I like it there. I regularly (that is, when I have a chance)go there to get my nails done .