Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home-Made Baby Grub Update

A little while ago, I mentioned that my little munchkin will start eating veggies & fruits soon and that I wanted to prepare the food myself. He is currently eating cereal and this week I felt he was ready to move on to the next step. I went to Wal-Mart to look for a regular food processor, and didn't see anything worth purchasing, so I hit up Babies R Us and picked up a Hamilton Beach Bebe Mini Blender for $30. It is compact which I really like, it makes 14 oz. of baby food in one shot and it purees really well. Seeing as this my first time ever preparing baby food I started with just one sweet potato. I put a pot to boil, peeled and chopped the potato and waited about 20mins for the pieces to be soft enough to blend. I put all the pieces in the blender, added some of the left over boiled water and a couple of pushes of the pulse button and voila! homemade baby food! I was actually surprised at how easy and fast the whole process really was (all in all, it took me less then 45mins). I put some in a bowl for Ki's dinner and the remainder I put into an ice cube tray to freeze for later.


Once it was time to eat, I got my little one into his chair and he really enjoyed the new flavor. It was pretty delicious, I taste tested prior to feeding him. I look forward to letting Kion try a variety of new foods and flavours in the future, and I take pride in the fact that I am making his food all by myself.

Yum!

0 comments: