Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's In A Name?

Usually when a celeb welcomes a new baby into theirs lives you can count on them naming that poor baby something pretty outrageous and weird. A few worth mentioning would be Alicia Silverstone and her baby Bear Blu, Gwenth Paltrow's Apple and Jason Lee's son Pilot Inspektor (yes, really :/). While I am sure each of these parents have a strong meaning behind each name, I just think that poor kid! Well Pink is a new mom, and we really like her choice of baby name. Willow Sage is what she decided and while it's unique it's also really pretty. She recently told Hello! magazine the meaning behind Willow, “I grew up near one. It is the most flexible tree and nothing can break it – no wind, no elements. It can bend and withstand anything. I love that sentiment and I want that for her.” She had this to say about her daughter's middle name, ”Sage is cleansing and sacred and it sounds great with Willow. It doesn’t hurt that her last name is Hart – flexible, cleansed heart.” Love it!!


I know for me personally when choosing the name Kion for my son, I wanted something Persian to carry on my family's heritage. It also translates to King of Kings, and for me, that holds a lot of meaning for my first born. What's the special meaning behind your child's name? We'd love to hear about it!

0 comments: