Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pool Time

These past few days it's been scorching hot around the country. Yesterday I took my son to a local pool and we splashed around for a couple of hours. He is only 6months and my little booboo loves the water! Ki had a lot of fun in the baby pool, and when I got bored I took him into the big pool. He loves to be dunked (his face is priceless when he comes back up), sprayed in the face and especially loves splashing and I couldn't be happier. I love the water myself, and glad he loves the water as much as I do. I have brought him in the shower with me since he was two weeks old, so I am guessing that's why he doesn't mind his face getting wet. As mentioned on Lilsugar, "Drowning is the second leading cause of death for children under 19 years old. Teaching your tot to swim as early as possible can increase their confidence in the pool and reduce their chances of drowning". I can't wait to get Kion into some swimming lessons, seeing him jump into the pool and propelling himself across the water.



I will definitely be visiting the pool quite often in the next few weeks, it doesn't seem like this heat is gonna cool down any time soon! How early did you bring your baby into the water? Did they love it or hate it? Share your thoughts with us!

0 comments: