Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mommy Workouts

One of the most dreadful things about post-pregnancy is post-pregnancy bodies. For some new moms their tummies get back to pre-baby shape in no time (lucky!), but for most that annoying pooch remains months after your precious bundle of joy arrives. Most websites say that it's take 9 months to get that way, it'll take 9 months to get back to normal. Well, it's almost 6 months, and mine doesn't look anywhere near what it did before. I am aware that after you have a baby, everything about your body looks different, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but the stomach area is a real downer. I know the only way to get back to your old body shape, and if possible even better shape, you need to exercise and eat well. Two things that are close to impossible with a baby! Breastfeeding keeps me in check most days, because I know I have to eat well to provide proper nutrition for my son, but sometimes I really just want to skip dinner and see some pounds start to shed. I know, I know, skipping a meal doesn't equal weight loss. Ugh. I do get to go on walks with my son every now and then, but I am looking for something a little more, that I can do at home. A friend of mine just told me that they started doing some P90X workouts via YouTube at home, and already started seeing results. I researched it and it looks pretty hard, but you can get in a pretty intense ab workout in only about 7 mins. My yoga mat is set up next to my bed, and as soon as I press the post button I will give it a shot. I can definitely take 10 mins out of my night to dedicate to improving this body of mine, and who knows... it might just work! Do you have any workout routines you do at home? Or do you make it a priority to hit the gym? Let us know how you stay in shape!

0 comments: