Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Up All Night

One thing I love about September is cozing up on the couch after a long day and watching some good prime time TV. "Up All Night" starring the hilarious trio Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph is one new show I was excited to watch. Now that I am a mom, anything that is relatable to my everyday baby world, I'm interested in. "Up All Night" is about a modern, party loving couple raising their newborn daughter Amy, while struggling with a balance of work and parenting. Aren't we all! Maya Rudolph plays a needy talk-show host who is also Applegate’s boss and who is absolutely oblivious to Regan's new role as a mommy.

I just finished watching it, and while I thought it was pretty funny, I hope as time goes on it only gets funnier. I found it a little dry and wonder what kind of antics Will Arnett's character will come up with if they focus most of the show on Applegate and Rudolph at work. I will say, it was pretty funny to watch them battle a baby during  diaper changing duty while hungover from their anniversary dinner and their constant battle to cut out the cursing (oh, can I relate to that). Only time will tell if it be a hit or get cancelled as many, many new shows do these days. Here's hoping!

Check out the trailer below, and if you're interested be sure to catch the next episode Wednesday on NBC.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you back! I've seen previews of this show and have been wanting to check it out. Love Christina Applegate!