Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chocolate Me

Perez Hilton isn’t the only one adding children’s book author to his resume. Actor Taye Diggs has co-written a children’s book with his childhood friend and illustrator, Shane Evans. Similar to the theme of Perez’s new book, Chocolate Me is about celebrating your differences.

"You should be proud and embrace your differences regardless if its race or religion or if something is looked upon as a handicap," says Diggs.


The book is based on a poem Taye wrote in college and his experience growing up in a neighborhood where nobody looked like him, which resulted in him being bullied and made fun of.

“My mother sat with me and convinced me to embrace my differences and that I should love the qualities and features I have regardless of what others thought. 
The book is directed towards young people from 4 years and up. I’m excited for Chocolate Me to come out this fall, but I was more excited to read it to my son. He may be too young to understand the complexities but he loves it when I read it to him,” Diggs said.


I am really looking forward to buying Chocolate Me and reading this book to my son. I think it has a great message and is something that he will be able to relate too. Chocolate Me hits bookshelves today and is available on amazon.ca

0 comments: