Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Little Fever-Bear

Sadly, my baby boy started running a low-grade fever last night for the first time. As soon as I felt he was a little too warm, and took his temperature, my heart broke a little for my poor little man. Wanting to be able to monitor his fever throughout the night without disturbing his slumber, I immediately headed to the pharmacy to pick up some Fever-Bugz. I had heard about this genius product a while back at work when one of my co-workers brought her daughter in wearing one the day after having her vaccination, which caused her to run a fever.


Fever-Bugz are these adorable stick-on fever indicators that can be placed on the forehead, chest or armpit to provide readings of your child’s body temperature. While they do not (and should not) replace regular thermometers, they are extremely helpful to monitor your child’s temperature fluctuations throughout the day and night. Accurate to 0.5 degrees Celsius, Fever-Bugz light up to indicate if your temp is normal (N) or if you have fever 37-40 degrees. The best part is that since they are disguised as a super cute stickers of ladybugs, caterpillars, butterflies and bees, no kid would refuse to wear one.


I actually got my son Fever-Bearz , a spin-off of the original Fever-Bugz, and I love them. I think this is such a brilliant product. They are cute, creative, kid friendly, and most importantly, super useful. I love the comfort of being able to check on my son, without having to do an invasive temperature check every single time. They are especially nice to have during the night, when you surely do not want to wake your sleeping child but still want to be assured that his fever isn't running too high. What a relief for a concerned mom!

1 comments:

Melina said...

I got a sample at the salon de la maternité right before I had Carina and a few months later when she started teething I whipped them out hoping they would go over better than the rectal thermometer :S. Ultimate fail: she is super allergic to whatever they put on the back of the stickers to make them sticky :(