Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Splurge or Not To Splurge


To splurge or not to splurge, that is my question. When it comes to our kids we will do anything for them, including buying them new toys when they have enough, purchasing adorable outfits and sometimes picking up items you really don't need, but they are sooo cute, you just have no choice. Today was a good example of that. I was at Winners (for NO reason, just to get out of the house) and I came across a pair of Dr. Seuss Converse with the Grinch on them, for $22.00. SOOO CUTE! I remember seeing them online when I was pregnant and thinking I have to get those for my cool little dude when he's born. Well, I bought them. They aren't even his size (he'll fit in them sooner or later, haha!), I just couldn't refuse. They even glow in the dark (sooo necessary, right?). OMG.


Then I saw two Dr. Seuss onesies that would look so adorable on him. They were $7.00 each. He now has way more clothes then me, and I am running out of space in his drawers. I'll be in real trouble once Target arrives. Sigh.



Moms, do you buy your children nonsensical items? Like cute shoes even though he can't walk. Or more clothes when he clearly has enough? If not, how do you gain the self control to just say no? Or is it ok to splurge on your children once in a while?

Let us know what you think!

2 comments:

StylinMommy said...

omg! LOVE these shoes! i actually purchased some Superman Converse for Baby H awhile ago but returned them feeling uber guilty since he is only 7 months, they were for a 2 yr old, and they were $55!!!!

Montreal Fashion Moms said...

Aren't they the cutest? Good idea on the return, I don't think I could pay more then $25 for baby shoes and even at that price they would have to be ridiculously adorable.

Thanks for checking out the blog :)