Monday, May 23, 2011

First Night Away

My sons first night away from me isn't at a babysitters house, or even at my moms... it's his first night sleeping in his crib. Many of you I am sure will wonder why I would wait until my son was 4 1/2 months old, but I find when you are nursing a baby, a bedside basinet is best for both mom and baby. The thought of waking up and walking to feed him in his room multiple times a night was daunting. Also at 4 or 5 in the morning, I bring him in my bed and nurse him on my side and we fall back asleep together, so it was just way more convinient for me. Controversial for some, but this works best for us. As he approaches the 5 month mark, I thought to myself this is only going to get harder and harder, not to mention he will get smarter and smarter, so I have no choice but to get this ball rolling. Right now Kion is sleeping like an angel in his crib. I am typing away and watching an old episode of Oprah on my PVR, the monitor is sitting right beside me and I  am wondering how this night will go. It's going to be harder for me then him I am sure, with the sleepy walks to his room during the night and I won't lie, my heart aches a little as I write this because this means my little baby boy is really growing up. What a bittersweet moment this is. Sigh.

Got any advice for me? I'm praying this goes well, or I'll have to pre-order my own copy of Go the F**k to Sleep to get through this stage. Haha!

Kion sleeping in his bassinet at 12 days old. Time flies.

Does your baby sleep in his crib? Your bed? Bassinet? Let us know your story, we'd love to hear from you.

0 comments: