Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Review: Simons Online Store

Simons, one of the biggest clothing retailers in Quebec, gave Montreal Fashion Moms the opportunity to review their newly-designed online eCommerce store. We were thrilled for a chance to try it out for the first time, so here are our experiences and individual reviews...


I was more than excited to get on the site and shop! I had an idea of what I wanted and found it right away. I chose this super cute and versatile Vera Moda jacket/blazer. I was unsure about my size, but the site provided a great size chart and made my  sizing quite simple. The site was easy to use, but I did run into a few hiccups once my item was in my cart. I entered all my info that was required and when it came time to enter my payment info, it would just bring me back to the shipping page. I was very confused and tried about four times until I got a message prompting me to call customer service because they could no longer process my order. I called them and the customer service representative was very pleasant and helped with all my questions. In the end she informed that they cancelled my order and my credit card was now frozen and that I had to call my bank to unfreeze it.  After I got everything sorted out with my bank, I re-submitted my order and in 3 days I received my beautiful faux-suede jacket. It arrived in a lovely green box and was wrapped with love. The size was great and so was the product! It definitely made up for the issues I encountered when placing my order. It was my first time shopping at Simons but not my last! - Yussie

 
I too was really excited to try out Simon's re-designed online shop. We often say here on Montreal Fashion Moms, that we love discovering new online stores that ship to Canada, because us moms just love the comfort and convenience of shopping online, but unfortunately many stores don't always have the option to ship to Canada, or if they do the shipping costs are outrageous. The great thing about shopping at Simons, besides free shipping for orders over $50, is that they carry a variety of items for women, men and the home. We love that they have everything from well-known international designers to local, Montreal and Canadian designers, because it's also important to support local talent. The site was easy to navigate with photos and descriptive information on each piece. I decided to get the most bang for my buck and load up on accessories. I ordered a fabulous light-weight leopard print scarf that will perfectly transition to spring, 'Love' printed socks for Valentine's day, and a few pairs of stud earrings (because lately I only seem to have 1 of each pair lol). Fortunately, unlike Yussie, I did not encounter any hiccups when placing my order, I entered my information with ease, received a confirmation in my e-mail inbox and was anxiously awaiting my delivery. The couple days later, I received another e-mail informing me that my items had been packed and were ready to be delivered, and by the end of the week, the box landed at my doorstep, beautifully wrapped in a branded box, with tissue paper and the bill stuffed in a nice envelope. To my surprised I even received an additional gift - a cute reusable tote bag! I'm already looking forward to my next order.  - Joanna




We are always on the hunt for great online shops! What are some of your favorites?

0 comments: