Last night was the biggest event in Hollywood- The Oscars! And they didn’t disappoint! Ellen Degeneres was great as host, everyone we were rooting for won, and the fashion was fantastic!
So let’s get to it! Our faves and faux pas of the Oscars!
1. We are OBSESSED with Lupita N’yongo! We could not wait to see what the beautiful Hollywood newbie would be wearing, and of course, she delivered! Lupita was absolutely stunning in her baby blue crystal embellished Prada gown, and we could not be happier for her win in the best supporting actress category. Always so beautifully spoken, her speech was eloquent and inspiring. It was truly her Cinderella moment!
2. The gorgeous Kate Hudson dazzled in a low cut, beaded Atelier Versace gown. The hot mama paired her ensemble with classic side-swep curls and a smoky eye, for the perfect Hollywood glam look!
3. It comes at no surprise that rounding up our top 3 favourite red carpet looks is the always stunning, Charlize Theron in Dior. This mama knows what works for her and hits the mark every time.
Fashion Faux Pas
1. Anna Kendrick disappointed in this black J. Mendel dress. While she tried to channel Angelina Jolie with her thigh high slit, the awful floral patterned stomach detail, asymmetrical neckline, and pleated ruffled skirt proved to be too much.
2. The legendary Liza Minelli missed the mark in this head to toe cobalt blue ensemble. The ill fitting satin pant suit looked more like satin pyjamas, and didn’t seem Oscar worthy.
3. Sally Hawkins petite frame is just drowning in this heavily embroidered Valentino dress. Even she looks unsure of the look!
We always love to see how stars dress their growing baby bumps for the red carpet, and while we are usually dazzled by all the glow, the maternity fashion at the Oscars last night totally fell flat.
1. Chris Hemsworth’s wife Elsa Pataky’s sparkling green Elie Saab gown seemed stretched to its limits to accommodate her big bump, exposing an unfortunate side boob. With twins on the way, she should have opted for a more forgiving gown.
2. Olivia Wilde’s plain black column gown by Valentino was nice, but bored us. We would have loved to see her in something a little more glamorous like she wore at the Golden Globes.
3. Kerry Washington’s subdued purple draped design by Jason Wu was pretty but just didn’t wow us.
1. No matter what they wear, Brad and Angelina always make a grand entrance! Ange shimmered in an Elie Saab Haute Couture gown, and Brad looked dapper of course in his Tom Ford suit. We’ve really been feeling that under-cut do’ he’s been sporting lately too – it makes him look younger and fresh as ever.
2. Matthew McConaughey looked handsome in a black and white Dolce&Gabbana tuxedo alongside his gorgeous wife Camila Alves in a beautiful blush Gabriela Cadena gown. We loved Matthew’s heart warming acceptance speech for Best Actor. His emotional tribute to his family was just the sweetest! Alright, Alright, Alriiiight!!
We love that these award winning dads brought their daughters as their dates!
1. Jamie Foxx’s beautiful 20 year old daughter Corinne Foxx is no stranger to the red carpet, often accompanying her dad to star studded events.
2. The legendary Sidney Poitier, walked the red carpet with his namesake daughter Sydney Tamiia who looked amazing in a silver metallic Giorgio Armani dress.
After Party People
1. Kim and Khloe Kardashian Killed it last night at Elton John’s Oscar Party. Kim finally wore some color and stunned in this amazing red Celia Kritharioti gown while sister Khloe has never looked better, channeling Jessica Rabbit in her uber-sexy red velvet Marc Bouwer gown. Wow!
2. Gabrielle Union looked amazing in a black Nicholar Oakwell gown at the Vanity Fair party. The sparkles and deep V really took this LBD to the next level!
So who are your faves? Let us know in the comments!